Oceans Research in Canada Alliance
The Oceans Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA) was established to improve the coordination of ocean science and technology (S&T) in Canada. ORCA brings together Canada's ocean S&T community to increase collective knowledge, align efforts, and forge stronger collaborative ties.
The ORCA Community of Practice is the forum to share information, discuss priority issues, connect with the wider science community, and collaborate on ocean S&T initiatives in Canada. Membership reflects the diversity of Canada's ocean S&T community, and includes academic institutions, government departments, granting agencies, non-governmental organizations, Indigenous groups, and industry.
Become a Member of ORCA and Gain Access to the online ORCA Community Platform
If you or your organization work in a field related to ocean S&T and would like to better connect and collaborate with the community, then please consider joining ORCA! Membership is free and provides you access to the ORCA Community Platform.
The ORCA Community Platform facilitates coordination and collaboration between members of the Canadian ocean S&T community. It connects members with each other, and is a great resource to support your collaborative work. The Platform includes a community calendar, lists of ocean S&T specialists across sectors, meeting information, a community notice board, links to important resources, etc. If you would like to learn more, check out our mini-training videos.
Simply send an email to the ORCA Secretariat to join the more than 155 organizations already plugged in to this exciting new Alliance. Together we can advance our collective understanding of the ocean!
- ORCA Ocean Innovation & Technology Workshop and Oceans Outlook Day at the H2O Conference - June 6-7th, Halifax NS
- SAVE THE DATE! ORCA at the Canadian Science Policy Conference - Week of November 13th, Ottawa, ON
- An ORCA community meeting is being planned on the margins of the Canadian Science Policy Conference 2019 on November 13th in Ottawa. This meeting will have a broader focus and will include discussions and activities around several ORCA Challenge Areas, including Science in Support of Public Policy, Regulation and Decision Making (Challenge Area 3). As always, we are happy to receive suggestions for any programming ideas that would be helpful in advancing your collaborative work — just drop the Secretariat a line.
- Building an Oceans Research in Canada Alliance Workshop - February 22-23, 2017 Summary Report
- The Origins of the Oceans Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA)
- ORCA 2018 – Creating a Culture of Successful Collaboration – Summary Report
- Advancing the coordination of Canadian Ocean Science and Technology – Poster
- New! Ocean S&T Spotlight - July 2019
- New! ORCA Photo Contest
For more information, please contact the ORCA Secretariat.
Follow us on Twitter: @CanOceanSci
- Date modified: