ORCA 2018 – April 24-25 2018. Ottawa, Ontario
ORCA 2018 – Creating a Culture of Successful Collaboration – Summary Report
April 24-25, Shaw Centre, Ottawa
Creating a Culture of Successful Collaboration
“It’s not enough to shelve your own competitive streak. You have to try, consciously, to help others succeed.”
The Ocean Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA) is a new initiative in its formative stages. Key ocean science and technology (S&T) challenges, policy proposals, barriers to progress, and solutions were identified in a report issued in 2017. ORCA 2018 addresses these challenges and opportunities by facilitating knowledge exchange and outcome-oriented sessions focused on action to drive collaboration. The goal of ORCA 2018 is to bring Canada’s ocean S&T community together to align its efforts, to collaborate, and to improve the coordination of our collective efforts.
Attendees from the diverse oceans S&T sector will:
- Share ideas and knowledge;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration;
- Participate in cross-sectoral dialogue to resolve issues related to oceans S&T;
- Discuss, plan and co-ordinate tangible initiatives to advance oceans S&T;
- Coordinate and leverage oceans research funding and related research and technology efforts;
- Provide operational and informed insight to benefit Canada’s oceans priorities and policies.
Just a few of the questions attendees will address…
- How do we improve Canada’s capacity to perform science at sea?
- How do we increase public awareness about the importance of healthy oceans?
- How do we strengthen the linkages in the ocean science innovation sector?
Attendees from the full breadth of Canada’s diverse ocean S&T community are welcome. If your research, scientific, technical or traditional occupation focuses on ocean S&T, you should consider participating in ORCA 2018. It’s open to all members of the ocean-focused S&T community, from those whose work is in earth observation of phytoplankton, to benthic ecosystem studies or seabed mapping, and all the ocean topics in-between.
- Date modified: