COVID-19 Expert Panel
The Chief Science Advisor of Canada (CSA) has assembled a multidisciplinary science expert panel to advise her on the latest scientific developments relevant to COVID-19. This information will assist the CSA in providing current and cross-disciplinary advice to the Prime Minister and government.
The expert group is composed of distinguished Canadian scientists and will be meeting on a regular basis. The first meeting took place on March 10 to discuss available science and evidence from disease modelling, risk perception, diagnostic and clinical research.
The primary federal authoritative source of information for all Canadians on COVID-19 is Canada.ca/coronavirus, as well as the COVID-19 Information Line at 1-833-784-4397. Canadians should refer to these resources for regularly updated information and guidance.
Science Expert Panel Members
- Caroline Colijn PhD, Simon Fraser University
- Kamran Khan MD, St Michael's Hospital and BlueDot
- Babak Pourbohloul PhD, Complexiscope Consulting Inc.
Risk and behavioural sciences
- Daniel Krewski PhD, University of Ottawa
- Louise Lemyre PhD, University of Ottawa
- Steven Taylor PhD, University of British Columbia
Biomedical and clinical sciences
- Deborah Cook MD, McMaster University
- Maziar Divangahi PhD, McGill University
- Matthew Gilmour PhD, Public Health Agency of Canada
- Gary Kobinger PhD, Université Laval
- Joanne Langley MD, Dalhousie University
- Allison McGeer MD, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Samira Mubareka MD, Sunnybrook Research Institute
- Caroline Quach MD, Université de Montréal
- Supriya Sharma MD, Health Canada
- Date modified: