Call for nominations
Recruitment of additional TGMS External advisory board members
Deadline: June 25, 2021
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada are seeking individuals to join the Tri-agency grants management solution (TGMS) External advisory board.
The mandate of the TGMS External advisory board is to provide independent advice and, upon request, recommendations to the TGMS Board on specific subject areas. The External advisory board represents the best interests of the research community as a whole and ensures the TGMS Initiative takes into consideration external perspectives in key decision-making.
The specific objectives for the External advisory board are the following:
- Represent the best interests of the research community;
- Develop recommendations for specific subject areas;
- Provide the TGMS Board with a broad view of the grants management ecosystem and allow the Board to consider more perspectives;
- Provide independent advice (they will speak for the community at large) and input in decision domains.
To find out more about the roles and responsibilities of the External advisory board members, please read the Terms of reference.
To ensure a balanced representation of perspectives on the External advisory board, the TGMS Board has identified a need for individuals with expertise in Indigenous research as well as individuals with expertise in accessibility and accommodations for persons with disabilities in the research community. In addition to equity, diversity and inclusion factors, consideration will be given to factors such as language, stakeholder type (funding opportunity participants, institutions and research organizations) and institution size, type and location for the overall composition of the board. Members of the External advisory board are expected to contribute to strategic discussions, and appropriate expertise will be necessary to contribute at this level.
External advisory board members meet virtually on a monthly basis.
Service as a member of the External advisory board is voluntary.
The TGMS Board will evaluate the nominations and appoint successful candidates to the External advisory board for the duration of the TGMS initiative.
How to apply
Nominations do not need to be submitted with a specific form. Self-nominations will be considered.
Nominations are to be submitted in a single PDF document and should include:
- Name of the nominee and contact information;
- Name of the nominator and contact information (if different from the nominee);
- Brief rationale for the nomination (one page maximum) explaining the individual’s qualifications, expertise and ability to dedicate the necessary time as well as the perspective they will bring to the Board;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (five pages maximum) of the nominee.
Documents must be sent electronically to the TGMS Team (TGMS-SGSTO@cihr-irsc.gc.ca) as a single PDF file by June 25, 2021. If you have questions, please contact the Team at TGMS-SGSTO@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: