At the request of Health Canada, Canada’s Chief Science Advisor (CSA) has assembled a multidisciplinary panel of experts on health systems and hospitals to obtain practical opinion from domain experts in order to inform her advice to the federal government regarding health services needs and innovation. This group is a sub-committee of the COVID-19 Expert Panel, and is co-chaired by the Deputy Minister of Health and the CSA.
The first meeting took place on March 25 to discuss data sharing, testing, space and alternative facilities, personal protective equipment and health systems management. Members will meet regularly via teleconference during the global coronavirus pandemic.
The primary federal authoritative source of information for all Canadians on COVID-19 is Canada.ca/coronavirus, as well as the COVID-19 Information Line at 1-833-784-4397. Canadians should refer to these resources for regularly updated information and guidance.
EXPERT GROUP MEMBERS
- David Buckeridge PhD, McGill University
- Irfan Dhalla MD, Unity Health Toronto, University of Toronto
- Alan Forster MD, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa
- William Ghali MD, University of Calgary
- Joanne Langley MD, Dalhousie University
- Joanne Liu MD, Université de Montréal
- Louis-Martin Rousseau PhD, Polytechnique de Montréal
- Allison McGeer MD, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto
- Tom Noseworthy MD, University of Calgary
- Robyn Tamblyn PhD, McGill University
- Cara Tannenbaum MD, Université de Montréal, Health Canada Departmental Science Advisor