Registration for ORCA 2023 has now reached full capacity. If you are an ORCA 2023 session chair, speaker or moderator, or a poster presenter, or a CMOS 2023 Conference delegate, and have not yet registered, please contact the ORCA Secretariat.
The Program for ORCA 2023 is now available.See program here
The Oceans Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA) 2023 ‘Together, Let's Build a Strong Canadian Contribution to the Ocean Decade’ Meeting aims to provide a platform for sharing information, building on existing collaborations and establishing new partnerships across the diverse Canadian ocean community and in support of Canada’s contribution to the Ocean Decade. This event is being hosted by ORCA in partnership, and on location, with the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS) Congress being held that same week.
The programming and format will feature:
- Opportunities to share ideas and stimulate collaboration and cooperation across disciplines, sectors, and thematic areas;
- A comprehensive mix of presentations, thematic workshops, and scientific programming;
- Keynote presentations, an interactive panel discussion, Ocean Decade-themed breakout groups, and seven concurrent interactive sessions.
- Active participation of the Ocean Decade Champions and their associated thematic communities of practice.
Date: June 1-2, 2023
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
Type of Event: In-person
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS)
- Memorial University
- Oceans Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA)
#ORCA2023, #OceanDecade, #OceanDecadeCanada
Venue and Accommodations
The ORCA 2023 Meeting will be held at the Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland, 115 Cavendish Square, St. John’s. For more information about the venue and accommodations, visit the CMOS website.
Travelling to St. John’s
For more information on travel to St. John’s, please visit the CMOS website.
About St. John’s
For more information about St. John’s, NL, please visit the CMOS website.