The Oceans Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA) improves the coordination of ocean science and technology (S&T) in Canada to increase collective knowledge, align efforts, and strengthen collaboration.
ORCA provides a forum to share information, discuss priority issues, connect with the wider science community, and collaborate on ocean S&T initiatives in Canada. Its open and free membership helps ORCA be inclusive and reflect the diversity of Canada’s ocean S&T community.
Become an ORCA Member and Gain Access to the online ORCA Community of Practice Platform
If you or your organization work in a field related to ocean S&T and would like to better connect and collaborate with the community, then please consider joining ORCA! Membership is free and provides you access to the ORCA Community of Practice Platform.
The ORCA Community of Practice Platform facilitates coordination and collaboration between members of the Canadian ocean S&T community. It connects members and is a great resource to support your collaborative work. The Platform includes:
- a community calendar
- lists of ocean S&T specialists across sectors
- meeting information
- a community notice board
- links to important resources, etc.
If you would like to learn more about the Platform, check out our mini-training videos.
To join ORCA and access the Platform, simply send an email to the ORCA Secretariat. More than 750 members from 200 organizations already plugged in to this exciting Alliance. Together, we can advance our collective understanding of the ocean!
- ORCA 2023 National Meeting - June 1-2, 2023 | St. John’s, NL
- ORCA November Community Meetings – November 13, 2019, in Ottawa, Ontario
- ORCA 2018 – April 24-25 2018. Ottawa, Ontario
- ORCA Ocean Innovation and Technology Workshop – Summary Report
- ORCA 2018 – Creating a Culture of Successful Collaboration – Summary Report
- Building an Oceans Research in Canada Alliance Workshop - February 22-23, 2017 Summary Report
- The Origins of the Oceans Research in Canada Alliance (ORCA)
- Advancing the coordination of Canadian Ocean Science and Technology – Poster